Under the supervision of the Program Director for the TCOOMMI program, the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for performing moderately complex medical aide work. Responsibilities and functions include: obtaining reports and records from medical records or for medical records; checking clients in and out of medical clinics, completing paperwork as required, and performs nursing functions as appropriate. Performs related work as assigned and trained. Maintain clear TCIC/NCIC background checks and driving records.
*This position will remain open for seven (7) calendar days, or until filled.*
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred (GED).
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Attended a school and completion for Medical Assistant Tech school and met all required hours of on the job training.
- Experience in health care work.
- Texas driver’s license and good driving record.
- Clear criminal background check.
- One (1) year experience working with mentally ill offenders with mental health impairments and involved in the criminal justice system. Related work experience may substitute for the required work experience.
- Have treatment experience.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish.