Who qualifies for services at Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities?

  • Residents of Nueces County:
  • Adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness;
  • Kids, ages 3-17, with a severe emotional disturbance;
  • Individuals with intellectual disabilities, developmental delays, autism, or pervasive developmental disorder.

What if I don’t qualify for services?

If an individual does not qualify for services from Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, then she/he is referred to other service agencies in the community.

How much do services cost?

Fees for services are based on a sliding scale that includes family size and family income. The Center also accepts Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and some private insurances.

What happens after I call about services?

A caller will be given an appointment with an intake and/or an admissions counselor. The Admissions Counselor will discuss Center services and the applicant’s options for those services. All information about our services provided or requested is kept strictly confidential.

Where do I call for services?

  • Adult Mental Health Services: (361) 886-6970
  • Robstown: (361) 387-3588
  • MH Youth Services: (361) 851-6726
  • Intellectual Disabilities Services: (361) 884-9854

How can I find out about other services and/or organizations?

Check out our "Resources" page.

What job openings do you have?

Current open positions.

How can I volunteer for Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities?

Ways to Volunteer.

How do I become a part of the Planning and Network Advisory Committee?

Planning and Network Advisory Committee: