Who qualifies for services at Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities?
- Residents of Nueces County:
- Adults diagnosed with sever and persistent mental illness;
- Kids, ages 3-17, with a severe emotional disturbance;
- Individuals with intellectual disabilities, developmental delays, autism, or pervasive developmental disorder.
What if I don’t qualify for services?
If an individual does not qualify for services from Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, then she/he is referred to other service agencies in the community.
How much do services cost?
Fees for services are based on a sliding scale that includes family size and family income. The Center also accepts Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and some private insurances.
What happens after I call about services?
A caller will be given an appointment with an intake and/or an admissions counselor. The Admissions Counselor will discuss Center services and the applicant’s options for those services. All information about our services provided or requested is kept strictly confidential.
Where do I call for services?
- Adult Mental Health Services: (361) 886-6970
- Robstown: (361) 387-3588
- MH Youth Services: (361) 851-6726
- Intellectual Disabilities Services: (361) 884-9854
How can I find out about other services and/or organizations?
Check out our "Resources" page.
What job openings do you have?
How can I volunteer for Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities?
How do I become a part of the Planning and Network Advisory Committee?
Planning and Network Advisory Committee: